This device and its software will allow you to add additional CAN FD busses to the roboRIO and control supported CTR Electronics devices from your robot project.
TIP: Click the FD Icon for a summary of what CAN FD is and what devices support it!
TIP: CANivore can be used with Phoenix Pro!
- USB to CAN FD adapter for Windows, FRC roboRIO, and Linux, for supported CTR-Electronics devices
- Each CANivore adds an entirely new CAN FD network to PC or roboRIO
- Can be used to control and update devices from a Windows PC
- Seamlessly integrates into Phoenix Tuner
- Wirelessly check, configure, and field-upgrade CANivore using roboRIO Wi-Fi and Phoenix Tuner.
- Wirelessly check, configure and field-upgrade attached CAN devices using roboRIO Wi-Fi and Phoenix
- ESP32 for wireless capabilities and programmable control (can be disabled to comply with FRC rules)
- Can be USB powered without requiring additional power wiring
- Can be powered from DC supply or battery (up to 28V) for standalone operation
- Can be powered by both USB and power connector for redundant power supply
- Reverse Input Power Protection
- Reliable Weidmuller connector for power and CAN
- Ability to give a custom name for a CANivore’s CAN bus
- Custom name is used in Phoenix API to pick which CAN bus a Phoenix device uses
- Supports Hardware Attached Simulation (desktop-simulation + actual hardware)
- Robust bootloader and reliable field-upgrade (no physical button required, no “stuck states” that
requires user intervention)
- Enclosure to help protect against debris
- Software-selectable termination resistor (120 Ω)*
- Includes a USB A-to-C cable - perfect for roboRIO use case
- Supports USB Hub
- Modern USB Type-C connector
- Windows PC use case does not require USB Driver Install
- CANivore kernel driver already included into NI roboRIO Image
- Voltage measurement of V+ and 5V rails
- CAN bus utilization measurement
- Multi-color LEDs for Status, Communication, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
* Additional Termination Resistors may be purchased for the opposite extreme end of you CAN FD Bus.