The CANdle is a CAN-enabled individually addressable LED controller and a 5V high-efficiency DC voltage regulator all in one compact device. Featuring 8 on-board individually addressable RGB LEDs, 5V and pass-through VBat outputs with current sense capability for both outputs, and the ability to daisy-chain multiple CANdles using a single source of power, the CANdle can find a place in a variety of your LED and Voltage control applications.
The CANdle features:
- Eight onboard individually addressable LEDs – CANdle can be used without wiring additional LEDs.
- Firmware supports several animations (Larson, rainbow, twinkle, color fades, etc.) via CAN bus/CAN FD (Phoenix)
- Firmware supports direct LED value control via CAN bus/CAN FD (Phoenix) or WS2812B-compliant pulse-train.
- Auto-detection of CAN bus/CAN FD (Phoenix) or WS2812B-compliant pulse-train. No software configuration required to choose between the two.
- Supports external addressable LEDs
- Works with 12V RGB(W) LED strips (when +VIN is ~12V)
- Works with 5V RGB(W) LED strips (using onboard regulated 5V supply)
- 5V Output can also power 5V peripherals such as Jetson Nano or Raspberry Pi
- Reverse Input Power Protection
- Output Short-Circuit Protection
- Output Overcurrent Protection
- Thermal Protection
- Voltage and Current Measurement
- High-side duty cycle control of the V+ output allows modulation of downstream 12V LED systems
- Polycarbonate housing prevents debris from entering inside device
- Electrically isolated heatsink allows for direct mounting to robot frame
- Robust bootloader and reliable field-upgrade (no physical button required, no “stuck states” that
requires user intervention)
- Robust embedded wire leads
- Wire leads are labeled for fast and easy wiring
- CAN FD Compatible