Note: Latest Pigeon 2.0 hardware update requires a software update. Details available here.
TIP: Pigeon 2.0 can be used with Phoenix Pro!
Pigeon 2.0 is the next evolution in the family of Pigeon IMUs.
With no on-boot calibration or temperature calibration required and dramatic improvement to drift, the Pigeon is the easiest IMU to use yet.
• Nine Degrees of Freedom (3 Axis Accelerometer, 3 Axis Gyroscope, 3 Axis Magnetometer)
• Full AHRS: Yaw, Pitch, Roll
• Quaternion Output
• Gravity Vector Output
• Boot-up does not require stillness. Get useful heading information as soon as it is powered on.
• Kalman Filter fusion algorithm
• Gyro automatically re-biases after 4 seconds of no-motion
• Temperature Compensation for temperature sensitive components
• Temperature factory-calibrated
• Accelerometer factory-calibrated
• Gyroscope factory-calibrated
• No user-calibration required for accurate 6-axis fusion.
• Mount IMU in any orientation (not limited to horizontal or vertical orientation) - see Hardware User Manual for details.
• Yaw is continuous, ideal for robot heading servos and motion control.
• Wide Input Voltage Range 6V – 28V
• Protection Reverse Input Power Protection
• Polycarbonate housing prevents debris from entering inside device
• One wire lead-pair for power
• Two wire lead-pairs for CAN Bus (3-pin connector, one male, one female) for daisy chaining devices
• Robust bootloader and reliable field-upgrade (no physical button required, no “stuck states” that
requires user intervention)
• Wirelessly check, configure and field-upgrade using roboRIO Wi-Fi and Phoenix Tuner.
• Users can download software API binaries on our reliable Maven server (99.9% reliability)
• Hardware Simulation Support
• Supports CAN bus and CAN FD bus.
• Supported by CANivore and roboRIO use case
|During No Motion||~0.12 degrees per hour|
|During Motion (with 4 second no-motion after boot-up)||~0.4 degrees per minute|
|During Motion (instantly after boot-up)||~1.0 degree per minute|
See Hardware User Manual for full specifications.
|Weight||1.07 ounces (30.39g)|
|Nominal Input Voltage||12 Volts|
|Min/Max Voltage Range||6V - 28V|
|Typ. Current Draw @12V||40mA|
|Typ. Current Draw @28V||21mA|
|Gyroscope Range (dps)||125 - 2000|
|Gyroscope Resolution||16 bits|
|Accelerometer Range||+/- 8g|
|Accelerometer Resolution||16 bits|
|Magnetometer Range||+/- 1150 uT|
|Magnetometer Resolution||0.3 uT|
|Compass Accuracy (with Cal)||~1 degree|