We're happy to announce the start of Open Alpha Testing for the 2024 version of Phoenix 6!
We've been busy working with a select group of closed alpha members on testing and adding a plethora of new features to the Phoenix 6 API.
Now we're at a point where we'd like to open testing to the rest of the community for feedback. This testing is for both the freely available Phoenix 6 API and the licensed Phoenix Pro featureset.
Note that the 2024 alpha software runs on the 2023 roboRIO image and works with the existing 2023 WPILib libraries & robot projects.
Some 2024 Phoenix 6 software highlights are:
- Additional programming language support
- Python (for FRC and non-FRC)
- C# (non-FRC only)
- Integrated Swerve into our Phoenix 6 Java API
- Swerve setup and configuration wizard in Phoenix Tuner X
- Further improved swerve control with SwerveRequests
- Swerve Simulation Support
- CANcoder Zero button in Phoenix Tuner X
- New Motion Magic control modes, including Motion Magic Velocity
- And More!
To improve our customers’ experience, we want to get as many people involved in the alpha as early as possible. Phoenix 6 will continue to be refined and improved, and we encourage everyone to be part of that process. Users who take advantage of this alpha program can submit feedback to email@example.com.
Alternatively, Issue trackers can be opened on our repository for any issues or bugs that are encountered during testing:
As always, you can find all the documentation related to our software on our documentation landing page: